Here is a question that a comic artist gets most often, what pens for inking comics do you use? There are a lot of people who ask this question about the pen. Here today, we will answer the question. We will try to provide you with information about some of the best pens for inking comics and manga.
When it comes to drawing comics and manga, there are a lot of high-quality brands and models of inking pens available in the market. Their nibs are ideal for those to enjoy making comics and manga. A high-quality ink pen provides you with the best and desired results when drawing comics or anime.
When you use the lower quality pen, you will not be able to get the most from the pens since it is not something that did the job. If you are an artist and you draw the comic, anime or manga, you should read this article to find some perfect inking pens for comics.
We have put together some perfect inking pens in the following list. Every pen in this list has the right nib and ink. Choose one of the ones recommended on the list. It will not disappoint you!!
Best 5 Pens for Inking Comics and Manga
1. Sakura 50201 6-Piece Pigma Manga Comic Pro Drawing kit (Our Top Pick)
The Sakura Manga Drawing Kit (link to Amazon) is is the top pick of our list. If anyone wants the features of accuracy, minute details, and preservation count in the inking pens, the unparalleled archival quality of Pigma Micron pens makes them everyone’s first choice.
Artists, writers, and illustrators go for Pigma Micron and they trust on Pigma Micron due to its high performance on their art pieces. This pack of 6 perfect inking pens is perfect for fine-point technical and artistic applications.
- The set consists of 1 each Pigma micron 005, 03, 08, 1 each graphic 1 mm, 1 each brush all black, 1 each 0.7mm fixed sleeve mechanical pencil.
- The pens are so smooth and satisfying. They work so well and they never seem to bleed.
- The archive-quality ink does not include any kind of toxic materials or acids and provides an acid-free environment.
- The pens are chemically stable, waterproof and provide resistance against fading.
- The pen does not leave any smears, smudges, or bleed-through on every kind of paper.
2. Art-n-Fly 48 Pack Black Fine Inking Pens for Drawing Comics & Manga
Art-n-Fly makes great products. You will enjoy making comics with these 48 pack black fine inking pens (link to Amazon). The pens have affordable priced, well-designed and provide excellent support.
The pens use ink from Japan instead of dye-based ink so they are water-proof, skip-free, ultra-fast drying and would not smudge. Its pigment-based ink sits on the surface of even the thinnest pages rather than penetrating.
- The archival ink used in the pens is richly pigmented, permanent, non-toxic, lightfast and withstands against everything from UV rays to oils.
- The nibs of these technical pens are made in Japan and you can write on any surface with neutral pH.
- This is a set of 6 extra fine tip liner pens come in nib sizes 0.05mm, 0.1mm, 0.2mm, 0.3mm, 0.5mm, and 0.8mm.
- The ink in the pens is resistant against the smear, water, fad, and don’t bleed.
- It can give the artists a smooth, skip-free drawing experience with archival ink that leaves consistent lines every time.
- These pens are the ideal choice for artists, illustrators, comic drawing makers, manga makers, and graphic technical designers.
3. ARTEZA Fineliner Black Tip Fine Point Markers for Drawing
This is a set of premium fine liner pens by ARTEZA (link to Amazon). Its triangular-shaped ergonomically designed barrel would not roll off your desk. The pens are perfect for writing, drawing comics, and manga, illustrations, professional graphic designing, etc.
The ink in the pens is water-based, smudge-proof, odour-free, and acid-free. You can use the fine tip pens smoothly on any kind of paper without penetrating it.
- The pens are filled with quick-drying ink that does not leave smudges on your hands, paper or desk.
- Its super fine 0.4mm black tip provides a smooth and skip-free running on any kind of paper to make the comic drawing, sketching, manga, graphic designing, etc.
- Its triangular-shaped barrels make these pens comfortable to grip and you keep working on your art piece without interruption.
4. WOCLHJ Black Pigment Fineliner Pens for Comics
WOCLHJ fine liner pens (link to Amazon) are widely used in different populations in the world. This is the ideal choice to help the students, kids, artists, comic book makers, illustrators, and professional graphic designers. This is a pack of 9 fine tip pens including a brush.
It prevents bleeding when you are working on your art piece.
This is a perfect gift for students, teachers, kids and people who love to make and paint comics or manga. The pens are filled with archive ink which does not include any kind of acids or toxic-materials.
- WOCLHJ is a pack of a total of 9 black pigmented pens to draw the lines according to the demand of your work. The nib sizes are 0.05mm, 0.1mm,0.2mm, 0.3mm, 0.4mm, 0.5mm, 0.6mm, 0.8mm, and a brush.
- This pack of 9 fine tip pens can be a perfect gift for students, kids, teachers, artists, illustrators, and more for professional graphic and fashion designers, architects, and everyone who loves to create and paint.
- The caps and holders of each pen are marked with nib size to identify the right pen while working on the art piece.
- The archive ink dries quickly and does not bleed through the page.
5. Chinco 18 Pieces Fineliner Micron ink Pens for Sketching & Drawing
The pack of 18 fineliner pens by Chinco (link to Amazon) is perfect for writers, teachers, artists, illustrators, students, and professional graphic or fashion designers allowing them to draw clean lines for everyday use. These are water-proof black pigmented pen liners in various nib sizes to fulfil the demand for your work.
The pens are filled with archival ink that is environment-friendly and non-toxic. There are 9 sizes of nibs and 2 pieces of each size.
- The 9 nib sizes include 0.2mm, 0.25mm, 0.3mm, 0.35mm, 0.4mm, 045mm, 0.5mm, 0.55mm, and a 1.0mm brush tip.
- The black pens are smooth, skip-free, non-toxic and water-proof and it will not smear, fade, bleed or skip on any kind of paper.
- Each pen has a cap and you can keep them organized without smudging yourself. The ink is a nice black and comes out smoothly with quick drying.
- The pens are fit for technical writing and drawing comics or manga. Moreover, everyone can use the pens except children below 3 years.
Comics and Manga require a lot of hard work and patience like every field of life. To win the battle of hard work and patience, you must have the perfect and right tools. To make the perfect comics, you need the right inking pens to draw the lines smoothly without bleeding.
We tried to put some of the best and top-rated fineliners in the above list.
We hope it will help you to get the perfect and right inking pens to satisfy your sense of imagination and creation.