Gone are those days when 3D printing pen or otherwise called 3D pen were used as toys. Presently, it has evolved and still evolving in the world of gadgets. Many people are now very much aware of the usefulness of these printing pens. A 3D printing pen is a distended type of the normal pen that uses plastic instead of ink. It is a good product that is rampant amongst creators and artists. These pens have a wide range of functions. Its usefulness has no bound.
However, these 3D printing pens have the same movements and almost the same designs as your regular pen. But, these printing pens do not require the use of paper. It can be used on any other surfaces. You might be bothered on how this 3D printing pen works; that is why we are here to help you.
A 3D printing pen has a filament that enters into it through an end and inside the pen there is a plastic that is heated up by a heating element. After the heating, this plastic then forms a hot liquid which can be used to write, draw or anything you feel like doing on any surface whatsoever. Below are some things you have to put into consideration before buying a 3D printing pen:
- Design: The design must be such that it is portable and fit well into our hands. These pens design shouldn’t be too bulky.
- Filament type: These are the materials used for 3D printing. Filaments that can easily be replaced are advised because it is more convenient for use and they make the pen to be used for a long period of time.
- Speed control: Most of these pens come with speed and temperature control. When purchasing these pens, pick the ones that have speed and temperature control in it because speed control enhances efficiency and makes your drawing accurate.
- Automatic shutoff: This feature prevents the printing pens from overheating by turning off the pen when left on for too long without using them.
Now that you are aware of the things you have to look out for before buying these pens. We all know that there are many 3D printing pens out there. I will help you list out the best 3D printing pens with USB that you can buy without you stressing yourself by checking out all of these printing pens whenever you want to buy one.
3DiSmart 3D Printing Pen
This is a 3D printing pen that is perfect for anyone that has a creative mind. It can be used by artists, designers, fashion designers, teachers and pattern cutters. These pens make use of the latest technology.
- ALL IN ONE: The latest professional printing pen that offers flexibility and versatility allowing you to open up your...
- PERFECT GIFT FOR KIDS & ADULTS: The 3D printing pen by 3DiSmart makes for a wonderful gift for everyone! It’s the...
- EASY TO USE: Our 3D intelligent printing pen is super easy to use compared to other pens in the market as it is easy to...
It allows you to be versatile in your work by expressing your creativity. 3DiSmart printing pen is ideal for both adults and children above the age of 8, and with this, parents and their children can work together to achieve a great deal in the world of designs and art. They are also a cool way of showing appreciation by giving it out as gifts to your loved ones, or family.
This pen is comfortable to grip. It has a lightweight with a well-made metal casing. Also, it is one of the slimmest 3D printing pens that we have in the market. Compared to the normal drawing pens that are mostly made in black, this pen is available in 4 different colours: Black, Silver, Rose, and gold.
They have an OLED that shows the speed, temperature and filament type. You can also control your designs due to the speed and adjustable design. This pen is very easy and safe to use because it is easy to load the filament and also unload it without any stress (PLA/ABS).
A pack of this pen has 1 x 3D Pen, 1 x AC/DC Adapter, 1 x 3 colour filaments, 1 x spare nozzle, 1 x small tool, 1 x USB cable, and a detailed user’s manual. Its package dimension is 18.6 x 9 x 6.2 cm. Interestingly; they can be used with a USB cable. However, this pen needs to be used with the right voltage (5V 2AMP), either when charging with power banks, battery charger or the adapter that comes with the pen pack. After purchasing this pen, it also comes with a year warranty.
What we like
- Slim design
- Easy to operate
- Well packaged
What we don’t like
- Can be noisy when in use
- Lead falls off the pen
Aerb Intelligent 3D Printing Pen
Aerb 3D Pen is another pen that competes for the best spot amongst printing pens. It allows you to create patterns without being limited. This pen is designed such that the obstructing technology prevents it from any form of blockage. They go into a perfunctory sleep when not in use after 5 minutes.
- Adjustable speed and temperature: with 8 different speed levels, it is more accurate to control the filament extrusion...
- 【Advanced Technology】 This pen has been designed with advanced obstruction mechanism technology to prevent jamming....
- 【Standard size friendly material】 Two modes compatible with 1.75mm PLA and ABS filament. The refill is standard size...
The speed and temperature of this pen are capable of being adjusted. It has 8 separate speed degree. And out of this speed level, it is more precise to control the filament extrusion speed. The temperature can as well be modified to melt various materials.
With Aerb 3D pen, your imagination becomes clearer and easier. They are very safe to use. Although, parents need to guide and monitor their children when it is being used by them. Here are some instructions you need to follow when using this pen so as to give you a good result:
- The melted part of the filament needs to be cut off, in a bid to avoid the blockage of the filament feeder that is inside.
- Just after connecting the wire to the pen, press the pause button and heating will occur.
- Adjust the temperature in time according to the extruding status
Different colour of the exact type of filament has various melting points. This pen uses any 1.75mm ABS/PLA filament that comes in different colours. Aerb pen is easy to load and unload to change colours.
- Model – Acerb
- Weight – 55g
- Length -1.5 m
- Size -180(L) x 24(W) x 24(H) mm Power cord
- Input Voltage – 100-250V
- Output Voltage – 5v, 2A
- Adjustable Heating Temperature – 180-210 degree Celsius
- PLA – 160-180 degree Celsius
A pack of this pen contains: 1 x Acerb 3D pen, 1 x User manual, 1 x Finger stall, 1 x Remove tool, 1 x Pen holder, 1 x PVC Drawing board, 1 x Power adapter, 1 x USB Cable, 1 x PLA Filament, 1 x ABS Filament.
What we like
- Low on cost
- Lightweight and easy to use
What we don’t like
- Its stand tends to topple over when placed on a flat surface
Nuly 3D Printing Pen
Nuly 3D Printing Pen is the recent premium brand made by the Nulazy family. In a bid to serve its customers with the best product, Nuly 3D Printing Pen was put in place. It is a perfect pen to let out your creative mind. This pen allows you to be better in your imagination, spatial thinking, and creativity.
- 【Brand New Design】: As a tactile learning toy, the 3D printing pen inspires creativity, design, planning, building...
- 【Voice Guide】: Guided by helpful voice prompts. It can help children improve their spatial thinking and imagination....
- 【Easy To Start】: Straightforward operation and intuitive user guide. Simply plug in the power supply, heat-up and...
They allow you to turn your creative mind and ideas into reality. Compared to other 3D printing pens, it comes with a voice guide. It is easy to use with a well detailed and straight forward user guide.
All you need to do when you want to use this pen is to plug in the power supply, heat it up and begin to work with it. Also, it can as well be powered by either the adapter that is included in the pack or a USB power bank. It is appropriate for children older than the age of 8 years. This pen is easy to use with both ABS and PLA filament. This product is best suited for PLA. PLA is environmentally friendly and does not bring out the odor. It is safer and also easier to control.
This pen can be used as a gift for your loved ones. It has really great packaging and design. Another awesome thing with this pen is that it has speed control, making it easy to be managed. They come with: a pen stand, USB power cable, finger protector, stencil, a user manual and a storybook. Isn’t it excellent? This pen also automatically shuts down when not in use.
What we like
- Good value for the price
- Quick to set up and use
- Supported by PLA and ABS
What we don’t like
- Few colour refill options are available
Gifort 3D Printing Pen
Gifort 3D Printing Pen is a powerful device. A printing pen that causes the dream to come true.it is a modernized implementation. This pen allows young children with young mind utilize and develop themselves rather than indulging in activities that that does not add values to them.
- ★【Compatible with ABS & PLA Filament】Our 3D Printing Pen is compatible with both ABS & PLA filament. Compared to...
- ★【Adjustable Speed and Temperature】The 3D pen comes with 9 different speed levels, it is more accurate and easier...
- ★【Safe & Easy To Operate】Just connect the USB cable, press the power button, heat up, insert the filament and...
This pen comes with 9 various speed levels thereby making it accurate to control the filament extrusion speed. The speed and temperature can easily be adjusted to meet different material. Also, this pen is supported by both PLA and ABS filaments. They provide 6 average colour rolls of 1.75mm. However, PLA filament is advised because it is safe and environmental friendly compared to ABS. Once the filament is exhausted, you can easily refill it with the same standard size.
This pen is easy and safe to operate. Connect the USB cable, click on the power button, heat up then you can start working. With the USB cable that comes with this pen, you can connect it with your laptop, power bank or any charging device. You can also work with this pen anywhere; once a charging mechanism is put in place.
When this pen is idle for about 5 minutes, it automatically turns to standby mode. It is usable by both adult and kids and better suited for kids over the age of 5. Parents should monitor and guide their children when they are using it.
Precautions to take while using this pen:
- Before loading, cut the end of the filament to prevent clogging.
- Turn off the power and unload the filament, leave the ends of filament in front of the charger.
- Do not touch the pen nozzle while working. The pen nozzle is hot while working. And you are told not to touch it so as not to get burnt.
- While loading the hole of the filament, do not use a foreign material.
A pack of this pen includes a 3D pen, a pen holder, PLA filament, USB power cord, finger stall, drawing stencil, cleaning cloth and a user manual. With this pen, you can do whatever you want to do in the world of art
What we like
- Variable speed setting
- Silicon finger guard
- Lies easily in the hand
What we don’t like
- Instructions are not in English
- Poor quality casing.
AIO Robotics 3D Printing Pen
AIO Robotics 3D Printing Pen is one of the slimmest 3D pens you will find in the market. They come with quality finishes. It is lightweight and feels like a regular pen and thus easy to hold. A fascinating thing about this printing pen is that any grade of filament can be used for this pen, but the filament to be used must be 1.75mm in diameter.
This pen has a temperature control with a degree increment. It comes with a bright OLED display that monitors the speed and temperature of the plastic filament.
The downside of this pen is that it has 5-speed settings and it extrude fast even at the lowest speed; which makes it too harsh for soft designs. They have an automatic shut off feature that keeps it off when not in use. A pack of this pen comes with: 2 colours of PLA filament, a user manual, cable and a charger. It also comes with a 5V DC, 2 Amp USB cable. This pen can be used anywhere due to the USB cable mechanism
What we like
- PLA Filaments
- USB Chargers
What we don’t like
- Instructions only available in German
- Extrude very fast even at the lowest speed level
In summary, 3D printing pens are fun and safe to work with. Since you are already aware of how these pens work, you will surely have a good time with them. Presently, the market is growing and these pens keep evolving. But we are here for you and that is why I have made this above list to help you when you need to get these pens.